Selecting Neutral Fantic 200

supergrandad

Hi everybody. I have the Minareli FM350 engine in my 200. Before the electrics packed up it ran a treat. (soon to be sorted)

But I have a question for you guys in the know.

Is it common to struggle to select neutral. I can do it relatively easy with my hand, but do I struggle to select with my heel. 

Not over concerned, if I remember 30 years ago on my Montesa and Bultaco I had the same problems. But it would be nice to know if other have the issue.

There may even be an easy fix.

Thanks in advance Ken.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 7:32 PM, cangy1000 said:

I tend to do it with my hand on my 200 as I rock the bike back and forth. Don't know how common this is.

Not got any clutch drag and good oil, I just assumed that's how they are. It's a pain when you stall it in a section.

Sorry for late reply, I have been away and had no Internet. But I have to select Neutral just as you explain. It seems normal. I have found when coming to a stop (rolling) I can easily select neutral when changing down as the bike is rolling. Come to a stop and try select it, it is a different story. So we will continue to use our hands. But as you say pain in a section. :angry: