Oset 20R Throttle wiring

glennb

Hi.

I would like to change the original throttle from an Oset 20R 2017 to a Domino el- throttle. I do have the wiring chart for the Domino but not for the Oset original throttle. Does anyone have the wiring chart on the Oset original throttle they can share? 

The wiring have different colours, so I would need which colour goes where from the Domino to the Oset Throttle. 

Anyone done this modification and have any experience?

Thanks

Thnx.

I also see that the Domino is a potentiometer throttle and the oset original a Hall throttle. Can I plug it right inn anyway (not using the micro switch cables, the green ones) or do I need something in between the Domino throttle plugs and the Oset Controller ?

if it is a hall throttle on the oset then you need to work out the +5v supply wire and the ground wire to the throttle and the signal wire ( in the wiring diagram it is not clear what wire is what and there is no color code )  with the domino pot throttle the wiper of the pot will connect to the signal wire and the +5v and the ground to either end of the pot ( if the signal wire is connected to the wrong point on a pot throttle this may damage the controller! )

• 1 month later...

Last week I received a reply from an Oset design engineer for a question I sent him. For my 24, I asked if you could replace the power dial and throttle with slide resistors connected to a cable quick throttle. He said the power setting can't be changed on the fly without coming fully off the throttle. He doesn't believe the hall throttle can be replaced with a resistor.

On 07/11/2017 at 0:32 AM, oldtrialer said:

Last week I received a reply from an Oset design engineer for a question I sent him. For my 24, I asked if you could replace the power dial and throttle with slide resistors connected to a cable quick throttle. He said the power setting can't be changed on the fly without coming fully off the throttle. He doesn't believe the hall throttle can be replaced with a resistor.

Yes it can be changed for a pot throttle.. but the throttle may need a bigger initial movement to start the motor also you may have to put a external resistor inline with the pot to give you the correct WOT voltage. The design engineer is correct about changing the power on the fly and can not be done.. but it can be done with some additional electronics that is totally separate from the controller.