scoring

ralphvfr

I'm hoping to start some easy club trials next year and in the mean time I would like to get involved in some observing, could someone advise me on the scoring, I know that 1 dab = 1  2dabs = 2 and footing = 3  stopping with feet down =5, but what about  stopping and reversing with feet up and other technical tricks, I remember back in time that the front wheel spindle had to be moving forward or it was a 5 but has it changed in club trials.

The ACU Standing Regulations for trials define the scoring system, whether the trial is run on no-stop or stop allowed rules (www.acu.org.uk). I think riders would do well to read these as some seem unaware of what constitutes a five, or indeed footing.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, cleanorbust said:

The ACU Standing Regulations for trials define the scoring system, whether the trial is run on no-stop or stop allowed rules (www.acu.org.uk). I think riders would do well to read these as some seem unaware of what constitutes a five, or indeed footing.

And after seeing the observing at the british rnd last weekend a lot of the observers too!!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, faussy said:

And after seeing the observing at the british rnd last weekend a lot of the observers too!!!

Apply the no stop rule as an observer and you get sh*te from the rider. Allow a slight hesitation and you get sh*te from keyboard warriors.

And we wonder why nobody wants to stand in the rain for hours .....

Edited by b40rt
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, b40rt said:

Apply the no stop rule as an observer and you get sh*te from the rider. Allow a slight hesitation and you get sh*te from keyboard warriors.

And we wonder why nobody wants to stand in the rain for hours .....

Funny, when I mentioned observer abuse over application of non stop rule in another thread (dwindling entries) a while ago several posters did not believe this was the case. It still is and the riders doing it should  be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 1

Having returned to trials in the last year, and starting off by observing to get my feet back under the table, I have been somewhat bewildered by the lax interpretation of stopping. Most clubs have suggested to me that up to 3 seconds stop is OK, but then told me it's up to me. So I could apply a strict interpretation if I want to. Some say that's OK as it's equal for everyone. But it's a bit harsh on the rider who hesitates in my section (5) while someone else who hesitates in another section get's away with it. I would prefer a strict interpretation as that is easier to observe fairly.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dadof2 said:

Funny, when I mentioned observer abuse over application of non stop rule in another thread (dwindling entries) a while ago several posters did not believe this was the case. It still is and the riders doing it should  be ashamed of themselves.

Do you think it's a situation mainly at higher level trials/riders or across the board ?? I rarely ride observed trials, lucky if I do 4 or 5 a year but have never witnessed it myself other than an observer swearing at me at the first round of the Scottish championship this year :rolleyes: