nigel dabster

I am working on it now, but it's unlikely to be published for several weeks as we try to avoid making alterations once it has been finalised.  Looking at it now, it's a nightmare trying to avoid clashes. Let me explain. World rounds, and European rounds control everything and they take priority. Then BTC rounds and Ladies and Youths have to go in but have to avoid the Worlds and Euros so that everybody gets a fair crack at the championships they want to ride. Putting the Normandale and sidecars in is easy, but then the S3 rounds can't clash with BTC and to some extent the ladies. Then it's a case of trying, where more than one event is on over a weekend, to get them sufficiently close together to make it practical to ride, say an S3 on Saturday and a BTC on Sunday. Non championships nationals come next and we try to avoid a trial which would be attractive to riders possibly chasing say an S3 championship but also want to ride a high quality national.

Anybody fancy sorting that lot out. And when it is eventually published, guaranteed there will be complaints about clashes, dates different to what the club has chosen, dates the riders expect the trial to be on and late applications as even now, though the last date for applications was September 30, it's obvious some events haven't yet been applied for.

It will all come together, but don't expect much before November. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but it's a fact.

And now I hear that one of the Euro rounds has changed date and it's only 90% certain.

Mike Rapley

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hillary said:

I am working on it now, but it's unlikely to be published for several weeks as we try to avoid making alterations once it has been finalised.  Looking at it now, it's a nightmare trying to avoid clashes. Let me explain. World rounds, and European rounds control everything and they take priority. Then BTC rounds and Ladies and Youths have to go in but have to avoid the Worlds and Euros so that everybody gets a fair crack at the championships they want to ride. Putting the Normandale and sidecars in is easy, but then the S3 rounds can't clash with BTC and to some extent the ladies. Then it's a case of trying, where more than one event is on over a weekend, to get them sufficiently close together to make it practical to ride, say an S3 on Saturday and a BTC on Sunday. Non championships nationals come next and we try to avoid a trial which would be attractive to riders possibly chasing say an S3 championship but also want to ride a high quality national.

Anybody fancy sorting that lot out. And when it is eventually published, guaranteed there will be complaints about clashes, dates different to what the club has chosen, dates the riders expect the trial to be on and late applications as even now, though the last date for applications was September 30, it's obvious some events haven't yet been applied for.

It will all come together, but don't expect much before November. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but it's a fact.

And now I hear that one of the Euro rounds has changed date and it's only 90% certain.

Mike Rapley

Wouldn't want your job for a gold pig a hour. Keep up the GOOD WORK 

your in sport 

Glynn

• Like 2

It seems likely that the dates calendar will be made available for the Dirt Bike Show at the end of this month. I've completed 95% of it and am now waiting for the last few applications to come in and some date changes. The danger of course that if it is presented early (like now) clubs will see their dates and want to change them even though in virtually every case they are getting the date they have asked for, though not necessarily their first preferred date.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this to the top of the thread to see if the provisional dates are available yet. Want to get some dates in the calendar before the wife fills up weekends with other less important stuff to do with the family. 

• Like 1