Crank shaft, clutch side, axle hole

luciangasgas

Hi

new on the site, many thanks to everyone who share experiences on this site,I've been reading quite a lot .

Now i've come to share one of my dilemas.

I've bought a 250 txt pro, believe to be a 2001/02 model ( the plastics say txt 4 - which does not add up when i tried to get some parts and they turned up wrong) 

anyhow .it wasn't starting and they guy that I bought it from said that if it starts it smokes really bad. striped the bike changed all the seals , water pump, gaskets o rings , put it back together and with a nice surprise started after few kicks.,.. but did not really run properly.. i thought it need it some adjusting.

yesterday took it out, some place  i can rave it a bit and give it a good try,, and after few minutes of riding (nothing extreme ) i noticed a funny colour oil coming out the vent of the LHS crankshaft and looking at oil glass i noticed it was all steamed up. 

I've opened it up today, started with the spark plug which was full of frothy oil same colour with the one spilt out through the vents, then the clutch cover the same, then i opened the hole crank case and found the same view.

I believe pressure from the cylinder go into the gear oil and everything got mixed up into mucky pink colour ( 2parts oil and 1part petrol). But also noticed it wasn't much water left in the cooling side of the system.

the funny thing that i noticed is when i was spinning the crankshaft and get some compression from the piston in the cylinder i could see some oil being spit out through the crankshaft axel end - where the water pump connects. 

Can somebody tell me if my logic is correct, there shouldn't be free passage between the combustion chamber(crankshaft) and the gear oil where the clutch is.

i've attached some pictures 

2nd picture i shone some light where the rod is to get an idea about the thickness of the material.

3rd picture - the crack shaft wear and tear is extreme,, makes me believe someone used the hammer or something to get things into place. And similar lack of skill -by using some kind of inadequate extractor- could have penetrated the bottom of the shaft creating this mysterious hole.

IMG_1187.JPG IMG_1184.JPG

many thanks 

lucian.

IMG_1195.JPG

thanks Oni 

Thanks for the info , 

the crankshaft hole has created the biggest havoc, and i'll be getting another one, do you know, what's the best place for parts in UK ?

i had changed the pump assembly and checking on the video u mentioned ,realised, I've made a mistake installing the seal the wrong way in and also the fan had a lose electrical connection.

as one can see from the picture its a pretty round hole about 3-4mm ø..

The bike might have lost the coolant and also the pump wasn't doing 100% of its task but find it hard to believe the 90-100 degree celsius would have created the hole in the shaft, considering i had 100 psi in compression prior to this happing, something has developed i think there was some prior damage, which left a very weak skin of metal or i wonder if there was a plug from the manufacturer or re-codintioning guys( if ever), i just wanna see other people's opinion about what could be, as it puzzles me baddly.

cheers 

lucian