Oset 16 tyre question

Darrell

Hello,

I have recently got an oset 16 for my lad and it struggles with grip on the rear tyre. I was just wondering what is the biggest tyre anyone has managed to fit to it? I am currently looking at a 3.5 inch wide tyre but I am woried it will catch on the chain. Apologies if this subject has already been covered but I searched through the forum and couldnt find anything. 

Edited by Darrell

This is the tyre that i am looking at https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/mx-off-road/motocross-enduro-tyres/michelin-starcross-ms3-junior

I am also looking to fit a rim lock with it as well which should be pretty simple.

I was at my local event the other week and my lad was struggling for grip and I quizzed the event staff about tyre widths and they said don't see a problem with as i wouldn't be able to exceed the maximum width on such a small bike.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

For anyone who is following this post, I have managed to find a replacement rear wheel for my sons Oset 16 bike. Please see the link below, it has already made a difference to his riding and doesn't spin up as easy, I also fitted a rim lock at the same time and run it with no pressure in the tyre.

He has also competed in some competitions and one has really mentioned owt about ACU tyre rules.    

https://www.dirtbikebitz.com/collections/motocross-enduro-tyres/products/gibson-mx41-mud-hardintermediate-motorcross-tyre-80100-rear-p-81190  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got a older Oset 16 but would like to fit a bigger tyre like yourself.

My son has had problems at event in conditions that I wouldn’t say are bad, but the Kendal stock tyre struggled.

I would ideally like to get a spare rim, disc & sprocket spare wheel as a alternative tyre option I could quickly swap to if needed.

Edited by RyuOnline