Scorpa SY125f

stpauls

Dear St Pauls.

I have owned a 2003 model for 4 years and ride the Easy route at Club and Group events, It is the most pleasant bike to ride compared to the many 2 strokes that I have owned, It does not rattle and is very easy to kick over for those like me that have bad knees.

Downsides: yes the ground clearance is not the best and you have to blip it over humps and bumps, my steering lock was not enough to compete with modern bikes, so I have moved the tank back to avoid the fork legs banging it, The choke cable would also get damaged by the steering so I have moved it to under the seat, I did lighten the flywheel which made it much more liveley but it changed the pleasant character of the bike and made it more likely to stall, throwing you over the bars, so I put the weight back on (by machining a added weight),

I weigh ten and a half stone all kitted-up and the power has been plenty for all occasions that I have met, I have ridden a 140cc something version and it then had more power than I needed but would suit a heavier rider.

This bike is a joy to ride but I would not call it competative I am 76 yrs old and very competative on the wobbler route and thats where this bike belongs.

• Like 3

Well take no notice of that vid, he's clearly a rubbish rider with that soft one he had :rolleyes:

Oh the dozens and dozens of bikes I've owned over the years be in road or off road bikes, the 175f I had is the one bike more than any that I've sold on I wished I hadn't, couldn't ride it for toffee in a trial but what a brilliant bike for playing around on. It's still being ridden fairly local to me, I almost cried when I seen it at a recent two day trial. 

I own 1 2005 this is my second,first 1 got nicked,put a 150 kit on which allows to pull second gear better,but you could go bigger..and i'm 16 stone,i have mine set up so i can ride it 99% of the time without useing the clutch, biggest drawback is the ground clearance,spares well engine wise TTR/YBR for engine bits.also can only get pattern rear mudguards.Sprockets np brakes np,Also the front forks if they have the blue caps,are non adjustable,for damping and rebound.But the bike does what i want it to do.

• Like 1