2 stroke oil

kristian

To be honest I can't recall any detail and would need to look it up, there's been threads on it. A few characteristics differ to suit the intended usage which is high load high rpm for a race oil and lots of idling with brief bursts of revs for trials.

The race oil wouldn't do any harm, the differences are minor, but if your only buying 2 stroke oil for trials then to me it would make sense to buy a trials specific oil.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, copemech said:

Supposed to be 80:1 that most use, not 80ml, check your math!

☺️ Most of the people I know run 80ml of oil to 5 litres of petrol but I only just realised 80:1 is 62ml for 5 litres? Now I’m even more confused ?

Ahh...the great two stroke oil debate :rolleyes: 

Put in either, I'm no expert but I'd suggest there is minimal difference between both those oils, and certainly not any difference that you nor I would notice. How many folk do you know have blown their trials bikes up regardless of what two stroke oil they've used ?? No I've never known anyone either, crack on as you were. B)

• Like 3

One of these oils is only part synthetic so needs to be treated as a mineral.

Beta list a 1.5% mix (75ml in 5L) for synthetic and 4% for mineral. So yes either could be used but I wouldn't personally risk them at the same ratio.

Here's a wee secret for ya, see the top bottle, I've been using is at every trial since February, guess what happened when I used it again at a trial today on my bike ??? .....yep....nothing, same as every other time since then. 

• Like 1