Cota 247... New to me!

riffraffretro

Can anyone advise:

Is there a decent copy workshop/service manual available for the Cota 247 - the one I've managed to download is pretty poor quality and appears lacking in repair service procedures and 'how-to' content. Being used to the Haynes/Clymer format, it's quite a departure!

Will modern Castrol synthetic pre-mix do the job in terms of engine lubrication (as per my old 315R), or is anything else recommended? What fuel:oil ratio is advised?

The Lubrication Chart in the manual I've downloaded refers to gearbox oil (SAE 30) and clutch/primary drive oil (SAE 10W 30), is this correct and what brand of each type is recommended?

Thanks in advance... it's all completely new to me this 70's stuff!

• 5 months later...

16 hours ago, peetee said:

Hi, I tried the link [ https://www.carlsalter.com/download.asp?p=548 ] for the manual but is says 'type in the code', and no code is shown.  Does this mean the manual has been removed due to copyright issues?

Dead link perhaps,don't really think Montesa  would worry hell there's bugger all of the world can speak Spanish,I have a download for my Monty but pick up what I need that has me sorted,cheers

3 hours ago, potto said:

Dead link perhaps,don't really think Montesa  would worry hell there's bugger all of the world can speak Spanish,I have a download for my Monty but pick up what I need that has me sorted,cheers

Just an estimated 570 million speak Spanish ? 

Edited by b40rt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1