Final NETA Event 10/22/17 is ready in Meriden, CT

wheelieman14

The MMC "Boneyard Trial III" Final NETA Event is ready for Sunday, October 22nd in Meriden, CT.

NETA Class Championships will be settled to close out 2017 Season with (9) Expert & (9) Novice Sections per Loop (about 2 miles long). Rider's Meeting at 10:45 AM and "Normal 3 PM" Ending time to be extended 30 minutes to 3:30 PM. 4 PM Hard Finish Time - to avoid DNF. Novice Loop shortened from August event. With increased number of Sections to be ridden in 4 Loops - most of them are slightly shorter than normal. Sections are Technical & Challenging for each ability class; without being dangerous.

Overnight camping is available on Saturday night. Fall weather should make perfect riding conditions. Well marked Loop offers Spectacular natural terrain for Spectators to watch New England's Best Riders show their Talent!

Granted some venues tend to have sections that are so long, it is nearly impossible to get a Clean ride. I've ventured to other Regions (D4, D6, 3-D and NATC) where they typically run between 30 and 40 total sections per day (with 3 to 5 Loops). NETA Rulebook states minimum of (7) Novice Sections and (8) Expert Sections; though in my 2.5 seasons - we always have 8 of each. Intermediate & Sportsman classes used to ride 5 Loops, but that was dropped down to 4 and now Women and Rookie only do 3 Loops. Most of the NETA Riders should be feeling pretty comfortable in their chosen Ability Class by the end of the year & anyone that has "clinched their Championship result" - considers riding up a class as Non-Comp.

My 1st time as Trials Master - is my chance to "try something a bit different" and give the Riders and Spectators a good event to talk about down the road. IF we get rain - or not enough Checkers... Then we will adjust on Sunday. From what I've seen at this venue, there is already a good draw with some of the largest rider entries and dry weather offers incredible traction to showcase your skills. This is my 7th MMC event that I've helped set up and this is going to be one of my best.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...