Too old to rockn roll.

Monty Wise One

Intro. Hi, I’ve been into trials for a year and a half, started on an old gasser 250 1999, then bought a 04 Sherco 290 and rebuilt it to ride, but ended up getting a 66 plate Montesa 4RT which I ride regularly, joined SDMCC and ride practice with some great people at Poles Wood in Essex. I’m 52 and still bounce quite well. 

I'm also 52 (and an Essex boy!) and thought I bounced well until last time out - broken collarbone and ribs!! managed to slip on a tight downhill turn and fell on my shoulder - all very slow and safe! Oh well, now I have time to sort my main bearings! Be careful out there!

Cheers, Mark

• Like 1

71 and still going strong on my TY175 and Pre 65 Tiger Cub here in Australia, planning to do the Manx Classic in 2018 and will be 72 then,,,,,, when you retire you have to have a hobby and its a hobby I've had for the last 55 years, how many can beat that ??

Edited by cub200
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Monty Wise One said:

Intro. Hi, I’ve been into trials for a year and a half, started on an old gasser 250 1999, then bought a 04 Sherco 290 and rebuilt it to ride, but ended up getting a 66 plate Montesa 4RT which I ride regularly, joined SDMCC and ride practice with some great people at Poles Wood in Essex. I’m 52 and still bounce quite well. 

Monty Wise One, are you saying you only have one bike, not two? ;)

19 hours ago, dan williams said:

59 and land with a thud. No bounce but innards protected by fat layers. :) 

Hey Dan, that’s not fat, it is “traction enhancing body mass.” 

For all you youngsters posting, here is a link to video of one of our club members, Bill Thompson, who not only competes at the USA National level, but wins in his “over 80” class.  He has been an inspiration to me and I hope he will inspire others.   Truly a great man.

• Like 1