TY175 jets

sh59

Hi Guys

I was on here recently with a query regarding ty forks and you were so helpful I am back now with another query.

I have stripped down the cylinder on my recently bought TY175 and found the piston head stamped with 68. I am assuming this means it has been rebored to 68mm. If so what other alterations should I be looking for or carrying out to go with the rebore. ie; should the jets be bigger and if so what size and any other alterations?

• 4 weeks later...

'At the beginning of the revs' would be in the range where the slide cut-away plays an important part.   You could try sticking your thumb in the inlet, just before the slide, and seeing if the additional choke-restriction helps remove the flat spot.

We had a Honda that hesitated at this throttle opening, and as we couldn't get a slide with less cut-away, we ground 1mm off the engine side of the slide, to lower the cut-away down a bit...  it cured the problem, but you do that type of mod at your own peril..!

Yes the air screw does make a difference, the books say set for a peak of the revs, but setting a bit further rich may give a better response to a blip of the throttle.

Chain-saw manuals always say to set the fast running jet for maximum revs then richen to reduce the revs by about 1000rpm, to ensure the best mixture when under load.

• Like 1