Starting Out

bluetriumph9

Hi I am just starting my 13 year old son on trials riding, we have purchased a Sherco 80 approx. 2004 which he enjoys riding and has mastered basic clutch/gears etc. My question is how do we start trialing? we have joined the ACU and I would like to enter him in some "easy" trials events to get him some confidence. We live in the Lancashire region and do not mind travelling. Can anybody give us some advice on how to get going?.

Many thanks

Richard.

Welcome to the sport.

Just go along to a local trial and enter on the day. There is a Lancs county mcc trial on sat 11 November. It will have an easy route with a beginer format of 2 laps instead of 4. More info on thier website. There is also Bolton mcc and Darwin mcc that have info on their websites. Hope you both enjoy. 

You are spoilt for choice in the area.

My son is similar age and has done trials this year over border with Bolton / Darwen / Rochdale & Manchester 17 clubs  ( a bit further away ) and also Horsforth, Spen Valley & West Leeds In Yorkshire as they also do trials specifically aimed at Beginners.

You can just about do a trial every weekend if you are prepared to travel.