Drying your boots!

kristian

• 11 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, stpauls said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shoe-Boot-Dryer-Electric-Sports-Wet-Warmer-Heater-Disinfectant-Portable-White/351737287625?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Just bought one of these.  Used it half a dozen times.  Good so far.

Used it about 10 times.  It went wrong, so I would not recommend buying one of these.

Too much hassle to return it.  So, I dismantled it and found that the motor shaft was not gripping the fan properly.  I roughed up the shaft with a dremel, to give the fan more grip and then reassembled it.  (I could/should have used some glue too). 

Give it a few weeks and I will report back.

Edited by stpauls
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, b40rt said:

Sidi trials boots don't seem to absorb much water and dry naturally in 2/3 days.

No they don't, mine got a reet soaking the Saturday before last (not at the Scott) and took 7 days to dry (in the house), wore them yesterday and they stink of cat's p*** (we have no cat)

3 hours ago, johnnyboxer said:

No they don't, mine got a reet soaking the Saturday before last (not at the Scott) and took 7 days to dry (in the house), wore them yesterday and they stink of cat's p*** (we have no cat)

Your water must be wetter than ours ? ( I dry mine in a draught garage )

Edited by b40rt
  • Haha 1

It takes so long to get them dry? We have also very much rain (beside this year) and soaky ground, anyway I dry them in three to four days using this method:

- I take out the inner sole, there is one that is sometimes tricky to get out, but to take them out while drying that is very important, (it can be too replaced by a new one too. if the odor isn't good anymore),
- Then I let them stand and keep the upper part wide open so maximum air can reach inside, and I start to do so immidiatly and store them in the Trailer
  that's all I do and so far it has worked very well.

Edited by pschrauber
sentence issue
  • Like 1