Rev3/Techno Fan Wiring

t0m541

I recently replaced the stator in my 250 Techno with one from an early model Rev3 as the ignition coil was failing.

I have had the bike running but the fan didn't kick in like it used to before.

I shorted the temperature switch wires out and the fan runs, though not as fast as it did until I raise the engine revs.

I tried measuring the output voltage at the temp switch connections but even before getting the test probes connected the volt meter was going crazy with the readings all over the place as if I had it touching the HT lead, I even tried shielding the meter in case the HT lead was giving off high voltage pulses.

Anyway, I suspect that the regulator could be going down, I have a spare loom with regulator, rectifier etc and a spare radiator with fan.

The regulator on the bike has a resistance of 1.2M ohm the spare reads 150M ohm.

The bit that has me really puzzled is the looms, (they are both Techno), do not match the wiring diagram for the Techno

The diagram says that there should be a +12v and an earth from stator, the +12v connects to the Reg and also branches off to feed the bridge rectifier which is 4 amp.

At the rectifier there are 4 connections +12v input, an earth and a + and -.

The + and - have a 35v 1000uf capacitor connected in parallel and 2 wires that feed the fan, one wire, the + going via the temp switch.

The capacitor will be there to give the fan the initial kick to get it spinning.

Now the looms are wired +12v input from the regulator, the earth wire goes down to the temp switch and then up to an earthing spade connector, so that the temp switch closes the rectifier power circuit instead of the fan circuit.

The + and - wires go directly to the fan.

Both looms have black tape round them that's not original and look like they have been repaired.

Has anyone else had the loom to bits and can confirm the correct wiring, also possibly the resistance of the regulator so I have an idea which on to fit.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate, have you had any luck? I may be able to check the regulator unit on my 2000 rev3 for you. Its the same style with the capacitor but it I think mine is a regulator/rectifier unit as i haven't come across a separate regulator {yet}.

It's all disconnected at the moment as the bike had been sat unused for several years due to a fault with the stator, but one of my mates has just bought a trials bike so it's time mine made a comeback! 

I sent the stator away and had it rewound and rebuilt the motor. Its back together now and starts up sweet. The wiring though....  needs a bit of work lol, its been seriously hacked in the last 17yrs and I'm not 100% sure on the wiring back up of the regulator unit as it only has the 2 wires connected to the capacitor going to the fan/thermo switch, the other two are just bare wire ends with no connectors.  

The wires on my regulator unit are:

yellow: i assume {!} connects to yellow stator wire but its been a long time and has no connector

Pink; maybe an earth? but a possibility it was connected to the yellow stator wire, no connector 

Black/blue> to fan or switch

Black> to fan or switch

Is it the same unit as yours? which wires do you want resistance test on? 

P.S if anyone knows how i should be connecting the yellow and pink up please let me know.

• 2 years later...

hi, i use this old post for a question.

i need to replace an 98 techno voltage regulator,so i'm thinking of replacing it with the rev3 one, so i can remove also capacitor and rectifier because rev3 have all-in-one regulator, right?

123.jpg

Edited by sbragato

• 1 year later...

• 4 weeks later...
22.11.2017 в 02:33 ube сказал:

Привет, дружище, тебе повезло? Возможно, я смогу проверить для вас блок регулятора на моем 2000 rev3. Он тот же стиль, что и конденсатор, но я думаю, что мой - это блок регулятора / выпрямителя, так как я не встречал отдельного регулятора {пока}.

На данный момент все отключено, так как байк несколько лет простаивал из-за неисправности статора, но один из моих товарищей только что купил велосипед для испытаний, так что пора моему вернуться! 

Я отослал статор, перемотал его и восстановил двигатель. Теперь он снова вместе и начинает сладко. Однако проводка ... требует небольшой работы, лол, она была серьезно взломана за последние 17 лет, и я не уверен на 100% относительно проводки блока регулятора, поскольку у него только 2 провода, подключенные к конденсатору. идя к переключателю вентилятора / термоэлемента, два других - это просто оголенные концы проводов без разъемов.  

Провода на моем блоке регулятора:

желтый: я предполагаю, что {!} подключается к желтому проводу статора, но это было давно, и у него нет разъема

Розовый; может земля? но возможно он был подключен к желтому проводу статора, без разъема 

Черный / синий> вентилятор или переключатель

Черный> вентилятор или переключатель

Это такой же блок, как у вас? на каких проводах вы хотите проверить сопротивление? 

PS, если кто-нибудь знает, как мне соединять желтый и розовый, пожалуйста, дайте мне знать.

Всем привет. На моем бете 1998 года схема следующая. От генератора коричневый провод подключается к правому контакту регулятора напряжения, из левого контакта выходит 3 провода, синий идет на звуковой сигнал, зеленый - на сигнал остановки, желтый - на конденсатор вентилятора. Земля тоже идет на конденсатор, от конденсатора синий идет на термореле, от него черный с синей полосой на вентилятор. Другой от конденсатора идет прямо к вентилятору.