4RT front wheel installation

pjr

I have just replaced the head bearings on my 2014 4RT and I can't get the front wheel spindle to line up properly it screws in so far then goes really tight I don't want to force it.

Have I missed something  ? I have tried loosening all the bolts holding the forks. Is there any easy way to line everything up ? I have never had problem when working on many different makes of bikes over the years

It's because the fork with the Spring is longer than the damper fork leg. The front mudguard bracket usually holds them together at the same length. Loosen the mudguard braket then line them up by extending the damper leg. It's easier if the front calliper isn't mounted on the fork leg too

Thanks for your suggestions guys, I am embarrassed to tell you I have solved the problem, I thought I had lost the spacer so ordered a replacement which I was trying to fit but looking again with more time and checking the handbook again I  realized that the spacer is not required on the Tech forks !?.I have now reassembled without the spacer - Happy Days ! 

I am now off to lie down in a darkened room ?

• Like 1