Long range tank/seat on 4T

lotus54

I dind’t really see this addressed yet.

I just picked up a 2016 300 Factory 4T and I’m fitting the long range tank I got from someone. The instructions I’ve seen are all for the 2-stroke, the fuel line seems to have a bit of an off routing.  Anyone here mounted one and how did you run it?

thanks
Mark

I don't hook mine up at all, so didn't tap the main fuel line.  I carry a small gatorade bottle to transfer fuel when needed.  Makes it easy to take the tank/seat off even out on the trail if I want it out of the way.  The PO of my bike passed along this tip when I bought the bike.  Said he had a case where the routing of the lines caused it to burn or rub through.

I routed it on the right side (outside frame) and over the carb.  It seems to work well.

I can see not hooking it up- I tried just turning it off to have a big reserve.  But perhaps I’ll put on a switch to turn off the main petcock- keeping the original tank as reserve.

thanks for the idea.

mark

Hello,

I have connected the auxiliary line directly to the breather line of the main reservoir.  So, as the gasoline is used in the main, it is sucked (?) from the auxiliary.  And the line runs below the auxiliary tank.  The same system is used in the Hebo tanks behind headlight.

Cheers,

JM

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Not got a Beta yet but interested in this option.

Is it feasible to use this seat/tank unit to road ride a short distance to a trial, then remove it for the trial, and re-fit to ride home again?

Might influence my decision on what bikes I start to look at

Thanks

Edited by v1nn1e

On 3/27/2018 at 8:09 AM, v1nn1e said:

Not got a Beta yet but interested in this option.

Is it feasible to use this seat/tank unit to road ride a short distance to a trial, then remove it for the trial, and re-fit to ride home again?

Might influence my decision on what bikes I start to look at

Thanks

Yes, look at my earlier post.  Pops on and off with simple removal of the bolls and rubber band, and no fuel lines to fool with.

• 1 year later...

Just bought a long range tank/seat for my 2018 Beta Evo wasn't to sure about it at first took a little bit of fiddling to get it to sit right and the instructions were in Italian which never helped.

It makes th bike look a bit odd and I've only used it the once so far but was pretty happy as I hardly noticed it was there when riding in the usual stand up trials position and was happy with the option to sit on my backside when riding along trails 

so far so good looking forward to exploring further afield with the extra fuel range ?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1