Whiny fan on 2013 TXT Pro

drca

My fan has started to make a high pitch whine.  A gentle (!) tap on the side of the fan usually cured it for the rest of the ride, but now it keep coming back every time the fan goes on.  I am about to order a new fan, but I wanted to know if this was a frequent problem and if there was an easy fix.

Thanks

This is an example of the quick fix:

Drill a small hole in the fan housing than drill another hole in alignment on the fan structure (be careful that you don't drill so far through to damage the motor shaft)

warm up your motor till the fan comes on then shut down. Insert the red straw from a lubricant spray can and with the tube try and feel for the fan motor shaft  - I would reccomend a dry type of lube and sparingly spray lube onto the shaft then restart the motor and let the let the fan come on to help blow the lube back on the shaft hopefully getting into the bushing.

not a for sure cure but may help in the short run.

be careful not to over do it and flood the fan motor with the wet oil otherwise you could damage it

IMG_4033.JPG

IMG_4034.JPG