Hi from SW France

dwarfster1

Hi all,

I live in sunny SW France and at the age of 57 have just bought my first trials bike which is a 1997 Beta 270 Techno....Well at least I think it is!! I bought it from a mate without any documentation or manual.....I was wondering whether anybody knows where I can get a manual? I have found a parts diagram on the Beta USA site but no manual as yet....The model is a Techno according to the USA site. Also if anyone knows any websites for spare parts, that would be appreciated. There seem to be lots of parts for later models but I cannot find much for older models.

Anyway I'm an experienced road rider but a newbie when it comes to trials riding. On my first ride I looped it (I couldn't believe how extreme 270cc could be) and the exhaust landed on my inner thigh resulting in an 8 inch long burn!! Not a good start but healing slowly!! We have a few acres of garden so I was riding in shorts and no helmet.....What an idiot and I learned the hard way it seems :(

Anyway nice to be on here and look forward to speaking with some like minded people (I'm already hooked despite the bad start)

Au revoir

Mark:D