Which Premix Ratio?

miner

Probably done to death but it’s a specific query.... Bike is 2007 250 TXT Pro, manual recommends mix at 2% which is 1:50. Is that set in stone based on long time going slowly? Or older oil technology?

Going to pick the bike up from garage today on way back from off-roading and will be carrying 1:60 Motorex Cross Power 2T mixed 98 Ron Super for my KTM 300 EXC... just wondering if it’s safe to use to take it a quick run.... or if I need to make a fresh jug at 50:1. 

Cheers. :)

Are you sure it says 2%?  The manual for both my '04 125 TXT Pro and my other half's '02 250 Pampera says 1.5% (67:1), and I usually do 60:1 just to be on the safe side - both run at quite high revs though.

50:1 is what goes in the twin shocks, I'd expect a 'modern' bike to get oiled up by that kind of ratio

20 hours ago, dadof2 said:

Why?

Given the way they like to have the back box re-packed every year already, if not more often, I figure it would make that worse.  Both my and my other half's Gasgas' shed about a kilo when we sorted the exhausts.

A little academic now, as I sold my GG today :)

Deffo says 2%.... took it out for a short run last weekend, didn't blow up.  Was at fairly low revs just a bumble about to see how the bike was going after exhaust repair and new tyres.  Maybe go out after MotoGP qualifying but maybe too hungover.... :)