Ty interchangeable parts

guy53

The crankshaft on the A drives the primary gear with a spline. Later models use a key drive there. The cylinder is different but is interchangeable. The flywheel has a different size external ring but is interchangeable. The ignition stator is the same. The reed cage is the same.

I do have the parts books for all the TY250 twinshock models so can look and compare them if there is something particular you want checked

• Like 1

I split the base and I think I had reasons to fear. I only have A model parts list but I'm sure everybody will understand. On the output shaft ( on witch the chain sprocket goes ) called in the manual part 17 axle drive, the last gear, part 18, gear 2nd wheel is not free as I was expecting it, So is that shaft on a D model interchangeable with one from an A model ? I could use the complete shaft ( with all the gears )

Guy

• 2 weeks later...

I had time to do a little work on the motor yesterday, as you mentioned David, the crankshaft on the clutch side is different. From what I have measured, they would be interchangeable if you use the primary drive gear of the same year as the crank if you do not use the oil pump. Also the axle main 14t ( 434-17411-00 A model ) and the clutch ass'y won't be interchangeable. I don't have anything to check the weight of the crankshaft , but the A model look heavier, that maybe one of the reasons Yamaha added weight on the flywheel ( they sure overdone it ). On that subject, I always take the ring on the flywheel and use an A model flywheel on my B.

Guy

• Like 1