More torque device for all bikes - air ionizer

klonheadd

40 minutes ago, klonheadd said:

I get your point lads. Science and technological improvement is of no concern to average trials rider playing in mud. And it's hard to think about all these ions and molecules ;) 

I personally thought it's a neat idea and I am happy that trialworld testers are not that prejudiced as these fellas above.

I am looking from a perspective of how could my engine work more efficiently than it is, purely for advancing technological design.  If it would cost much less it would be more attractive definitely :)

Science and technological improvement is one thing. Dodgy claims with no scientific explanation are another. Where are the power and torque curves to support the claims? What are they actually claiming anyway? Ionising air lets more oxygen into the engine. Is that more oxygen for the same mass of air? In which case, their gadget has made oxygen from nothing. More oxygen because a greater mass of air is going in? How do you link that to ionised air? I'm all for being open-minded about new developments, but I not going to be so open-minded that my brain falls out.

It's a shame those unprejudiced trialsworld testers didn't publish some objective data, or open up the gadget to see what was inside.

1 hour ago, pschrauber said:

I personal think a Christopher plaque or badge will give you a likewise advantage in luck and if placed in front of the bike even more luck will occur. Because as we know that luck is the most crucial part of trials riding. Much more important then in a row sorted O2 molecules if you ask me.

These badges can be bought at Amazone, see here:

https://www.amazon.de/Christophorus-Plakette-fürs-Auto-Fahrt-Magnet/dp/B00GG4DNP8 

There may be some value in that. A "Gute Fahrt" might provide a bit of extra propulsion. :thumbup:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, b40rt said:

Our Mojo Wristbands are embedded with holographic technology that has been used by elite athletes for years. We are pleased to report that this technology is available to everyone.The holographic discs used in Mojo Wristbands are programmed to work with your body's natural frequencies resulting to help you get the most out of yourself.Mojo Future Tech is not about wild claims of being a cure-all, the technology doesn't always work for everyone, but there is plenty of feedback from wearers that it has helped. The benefit possibilities from wearing Mojo wristbands are endless because since no two bodies are alike, the benefits received are unique to each individual.WARRANTY - 6 MONTH WARRANTY

I didn't see that bit. It's still pretty vague and evasive. Making a bigger effort to avoid Trades Description and all the rest of it. I'd love to know what my "natural frequencies" are though, and how a hologram would have any influence on them. It's claptrap, but at least it's slightly more sophisticated claptrap than this ionising whatchamacallit.

• Like 1

OK lets do some math:

Engine size: 250 cc = 0.25l
Engine revolution: 2000 rev./ min. = 33 rev / sec.

So 33 x 0.25l = 2.062.50l = 2.06 m³ of air is used per second.

Do you believe this tiny plaque is capable to ionize 2 m³ of air in a second?

You can ionize air for which you need a couple of thousand volts, and if you ionize the named 2 m³ per second there would be a side effect of static charges to all metal near by that lead to violent lightning.

• Like 1

And this :-

"The Tuning Boost Bottle kit is designed for 2-stroke motorized bicycle engines. Adding a boost bottle kit to your engine is one of the most cost effective upgrades out there. It is designed to expand your intake area on your engine by storing atomized fuel molecules in its chamber and forcing them into your engine while you are off and on the throttle. This bottle provides a "Boost" or supercharge effect. It will also make your engine run up to 3-4 times smoother and decrease the vibration on your handlebars, motor mounts and more! You will notice an awesome upgrade in power and torque. Numerous issues such as heavy exhaust smoke, very hot engine temperatures, heavy engine loading, and hard starts will be greatly decreased."

3 minutes ago, trapezeartist said:

It's a shame those unprejudiced trialsworld testers didn't publish some objective data, or open up the gadget to see what was inside.

I think they're just riders not a research facility,so they did a practical test just by riding. In that article there is mentioned what's inside the device. IC engines are very inefficient so there is room for improvement. 

1 minute ago, pschrauber said:

OK lets do some math:

Engine size: 250 cc = 0.25l
Engine revolution: 2000 rev./ min. = 33 rev / sec.

So 33 x 0.25l = 2.062.50l = 2.06 m³ of air is used per second.

Do you believe this tiny plaque is capable to ionize 2 m³ of air in a second?

You can ionize air for which you need a couple of thousand volts, and if you ionize the named 2 m³ per second there would be a side effect of static charges to all metal near by that lead to violent lightning.

Who said it has to ionise all volume that's entering intake, even if done partially it might have positive effect in combustion chamber. They're not using electricity to ionise but noble metals and ceramics?. It could works similarly to air purifiers. Anions will attract particles from air to surfaces, stop them being airborne. 

It might be a gimmick it might be not. Certainly it's a novelty and different approach to what we're used to. I'm open minded and would be happy to see more tests that would prove either way.  Would't buy it for that price before testing. I've sent an email to manufacturers for a free device for testing hahah :):):)

2 minutes ago, klonheadd said:

It might be a gimmick it might be not. Certainly it's a novelty and different approach to what we're used to. I'm open minded and would be happy to see more tests that would prove either way.  Would't buy it for that price before testing. I've sent an email to manufacturers for a free device for testing hahah :):):)

Full marks for trying. I'll look forward to your test report. More than that: tell us when it arrives and I'll suggest a few points I'd like to see covered in your test report. :rolleyes:

They've mentioned two materials (very vaguely) that are supposedly inside the thing. But that gives no indication of how they get from "noble metals and ceramics" to "ionised air" to "more torque". I've got a bit of noble metal permanently wrapped round one finger, and our kitchen cupboard is full of ceramic. So what?

None of this is a dig at you, klonheadd, but the more we discuss this, the more aspects of it I find to be sceptical about. Now I'm off to see my homeopathic practitioner, followed by a bit of reiki and some crystal healing. :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, trapezeartist said:

pschrauber. Your wonky arithmetic doesn't affect the logic of what you say ;).

(33 x 0.25 = 8.3)

28 minutes ago, klonheadd said:

actually its 8.25

Yes you are right, I made wrong point setting while calculating as we here in Germany use the point for thousend and the comma for point just vice-a-verse to the English writing thus I mixed up everything ... (German: 2.000,00 = Englisch 2,000.00) ... excuse me.:(

Anyway even that much less amount of air needs a couple of thousand volts to get ionized and that will not happen by a piece of plastic with probably some metal in it.

If you want to gain some energy you might install a Helmholtz resonator inside the air box that is done by several car manufactors but needs much of space a trials bike does not have.

Btw. a likewise principle was used by the boost bottle in the beginning eighties to port steered 2-stroke engines. Engines with reeds or with rotary valves will not have any advantage effect by the boost bottle.

• Like 1