Extra petrol tank

scratcher

Hi guys...can someine tell me how the aftermarket tank that mounts to the top o the forks works...wat pipe goes on the breather fur the tank on the bike..n when connected does it sook fuel from that first or the tankas its on a vacum..id imagine it uses the built in tank first..but wat pioe goes where..n wat one does the  breathing...thanks

Sir...thankyou fur replying...i have it that way just now..yeterday i was out n about...i used 1.25 ltr of gas from main tank..an the aux tank was still full...??

I would imagine the pump would partialy drain main tank then sook from aux tank..? 

Remembered mine was  connected to fuel line from tank to carb, explains simultaneous use from both tanks. Sorry for confusion. Have you removed the check valve from the bikes petrol tank breather? 

Edited by sirdabalot
  • Like 1

As stated above, remove the check valve if there is one, double check for vacuum/air leaks, make sure your primary tank is as close to full as you can get before starting out, and make sure you don't have any kinks or blocks in the rest of the hoses.

best of luck.

Edited by jonnyc21

When the negative pressure is created by draining the main tank it starts pulling form the aux tank to replace the fuel your using.  If you have a lot of air in the tank it can take a long time to put the needed pull on the aux tank to start the siphon or may not even happen at all because of the flexibility that air has over liquids.  

Example: air can be compressed but not fuel... 

Edited by jonnyc21