First trial today

dingle

Today I took part in my first ever trial (along with my son who is 8)

The trial was run by Leamington Victory Motorcycle Club at Victory fields Warwickshire (which rather conveniently is just down the road from my house) 

We were both made to feel very welcome and had a great day, my son even managed to clear the first section (and I didn't) !! 

From today I have learnt .... tyre presssures really matter in this game ... and gear selection (it was wet muddy and very slippy) 

Looking forward to the next one now. 

• Like 4

That is great to hear.

Our local club has really freindly, helpful members and from my first trial I felt very welcome and got lots of help.

Interestingly, my first trial was really muddy and slippery, and I did really well (won the novice class).  It was much like what I ride all the time so right up my alley.  Now...get into rocks and it is a whole other matter!

Mark

Its brilliant how welcome people make you at these events and great for your 8 year old to be getting into aswell, I'm also a beginner and seem to ride in nothing but slippery conditions some days it can get frustrating but its all part of the challenge and you will only get better.

• 2 weeks later...

at least you guys have finished. ive just decided to give trials a go again after well over 30 years and so far first trial i managed 2 1/2 sections before the bike started cutting out every 30secs or so. second trial, last sunday, i walked the first section only to come back to my bike and found the tyre flat and with no pump (never pack a car with a thick head cold) that was that.

on the plus i've learnt a shed load about bike maintenance in a very short time. ; )