Just picked up my first bike!

BackyardTrialsDad

Hello!  My name is Scott and I am excited to be part of this group.  I picked up my first trials bike this morning- a 2011 Beta Evo 300 4t.  I bought it from a guy in the local trials club and it seems to be very well cared for.  Can’t wait to see what this thing can really do!

i have about 10ish years experience riding dirt bikes when I was younger, but I haven’t really been on one in 10-15 years.  I have a 3 year old son who now owns his first bike- a little Honda CRF50.  I figured a trials bike for me would be perfect so I can cruise around with him and not leave him in the dust.  

Any TAMPA area riders on here ?

DBF36A04-ECDB-424A-8FC1-92F61C67691C.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome! I too bought a 300 4T as my first trials bike (well, the first for 47 years, which amounts to much the same thing). Be warned, it feels a bit of a handful at first, but after a while it stops trying to kill you and just settles down to be ambivalent as to whether you die or not. :)

I found a couple of things helped me first off. A slow throttle, which is not the same on the 4T as the 2T. The Amal 80/200 is the thing to get. Also get the carburation right and make sure the idle is a tiny bit faster than you might think. That way it comes in with less of a kick when you crack the throttle open from low speed.

Two trials in and I'm loving it. I hope you will too.