Busto and Fajardo to Gas Gas

NAD1

12 hours ago, oni nou said:

And Fajardo ...both living in Spain and speaking the lingo perfectly.......Busto as the serious challenger and Fajardo[good communicator] as the veteran trainer/Busto supporter and 4th place resident in the WTC.

You've never met fajardo then? He's the most unapproachable out of the top 10. Didn't think he was always 4th

I think reading anything two events into the season is a bit of a stretch. All competitors drop their worst event, so it isn't the end of the world. I'm hopeful Busto will go replay Montpellier a few times and see how he looked. Shame is a decent motivator...

13 minutes ago, oni nou said:

If your talking about Jeroni Fajardo finishing fourth regularly then yes

On the other hand if you are talking about the presentation of facts to back up what I said then I think it is sad that you think that, as a person should always be able to back up what they say or they are an idiot.

I meant the former. Best to relax a bit and always assume people are generally good... even on the internet.

Edited by heffergm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

You've never met fajardo then? He's the most unapproachable out of the top 10. Didn't think he was always 4th

I've found the complete opposite.  Met Bou, Fuji and the Honda team after Sheffield a couple of years ago (in a MacDonalds!) and they were pretty miserable...granted Bou had just been beaten by Adam.  Then met Fajardo who was really friendly, forthcoming and generally nice guy.

On 17/01/2018 at 5:07 PM, nigel dabster said:

At the moment that wasn't a good decision, was it Colomers idea I wonder?

Busto definitely has the ability and the potential, but he needs someone to develop his attitude.  Interestingly I don't think the bike suits him as well as the 4RT did.

I suppose it depends on GG's goals for which markets they target, but I still think it's an oversight not to have anybody representing the factory from/in the UK.  I don't have figures to back it up but I would imagine we would be one of the larger markets for bike sales?

Edited by worlez
spelling
  • Like 1

On 17/01/2018 at 5:46 PM, oni nou said:

He may well be the most unapproachable of the of the top ten but when he does speak he makes himself clear.....he is not for example like Busto or Graham Jarvis in his delivery. Re the resident 4th for Fajardo he has a 4 as part of his Geronimo Logo on his helmet and his shirts    The number 4 is adopted on his merchandise  JF4 and his internet site alongside his name   Jeroni Fajardo 4

Fajardo positions

outdoor                    indoor

2008    4

2009     4

2010     4

2011     4                              4

2013     3                              4

2014     4                              4

2015     3                              4

2016     5                              4

2017     4                              3

fair point i guess i wasnt taking into account in door which probably validates your point, i wouldnt have thought that 4th is much to emphasise for him but hey ho.

I did speak to someone who knows a bit more than both of us and he said he just does enough to maintain his position, if he was fourth 3 times nearly ten years ago I think that says it all.

On 17/01/2018 at 8:19 PM, worlez said:

I've found the complete opposite.  Met Bou, Fuji and the Honda team after Sheffield a couple of years ago (in a MacDonalds!) and they were pretty miserable...granted Bou had just been beaten by Adam.  Then met Fajardo who was really friendly, forthcoming and generally nice guy.

Fuji not approachable? I rode with him a bit at santigosa saw him at the Costa brava 2 day this last november and i think youve got him wrong.

If you got a different impression of fajardo id like to see that on screen.

On 17/01/2018 at 8:19 PM, worlez said:

Anybody is going to be miserable if reduced to "eating" in McDonalds surely.

• Like 2

I think everyone forgets how much better the top 5 or six riders are than they were 15 years ago. That is a long time to still be riding at that level. It helps all of them ride together quite a bit. But then again, that  might be why one does not break away from the rest. Bou was the last one to do so. This should be Busto`s year to do it or not. Raga sure seemed to gain a little with the move to TRS.

Edited by lineaway
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, lineaway said:

I think everyone forgets how much better the top 5 or six riders are than they were 15 years ago. That is a long time to still be riding at that level. It helps all of them ride together quite a bit. But then again, that  might be why one does not break away from the rest. Bou was the last one to do so. This should be Busto`s year to do it or not. Raga sure seemed to gain a little with the move to TRS.

im not sure the recent few years with the stupid rule change that it didnt do more to prolong the careers of the older guys and certainly up until the change last year where a T2 counts to manufacturers champs, the young riders disappeared and didnt come through, for this and other reasons.

• Like 1