Busto and Fajardo to Gas Gas

NAD1

On 30/01/2018 at 1:14 AM, lineaway said:

Well the indoor should be more interesting with the next two events in Spain. Hopefully they don`t bring the same obstacles along for the show. Time for a change.

I'm not disagreeing with you that making the sections out of the same materials is dull. However the Spanish indoor trials do exactly the same thing with cylinders,  some steel dairy lee cheese style boxes and the steel freixenet boxes. 

Sheffield has been using the same stuff for years. We could do with some new ideas really 

• Like 2

If gasgas where hoping to get back to the front of the field and be regularly challenging podiums in the gp class then I still think they made the right decision with busto , give him time if he comes good he will be unstoppable , he was s### on the indoor scene with montesa so that was never going to change over night ,as for fajardo I just don’t get it , did he come cheap??personally I think he’s a spent penny and his fire is starting to go out , IMO they should have done whatever it takes to get Miguel gelabert from Sherco , that boy is going places 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lineaway said:

Will be interesting if Adam finishes out the final rounds. He had surgery on an elbow today.

I bet he will.  Euro top riders in all disciplines, get some pretty serious Physiotherapy after surgery or injury compared to us mortals!

13 hours ago, nhuskys said:

I bet he will.  Euro top riders in all disciplines, get some pretty serious Physiotherapy after surgery or injury compared to us mortals!

Adam posted on IG that he hopes to make the next X-Trial in Seville. Will miss the upcoming Spanish championship round.

And speaking of injuries, Farre gets MRI results this coming Fri. Hard hit he took on that jump at the last X-Trial!

Wishing these 2 mates a speedy recovery!!!!

• Like 1

That Farrè knee injury I'm still fuzzy on. At first I thought he whacked his knee on the frame, but after watching it a few times I'm not sure if he actually just had it give out under the pressure of a big landing. Hopefully he's ok, he was riding well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, heffergm said:

That Farrè knee injury I'm still fuzzy on. At first I thought he whacked his knee on the frame, but after watching it a few times I'm not sure if he actually just had it give out under the pressure of a big landing. Hopefully he's ok, he was riding well.

Gave out from that landing(s) - first onto the obstacle, then the jump onto the floor certainly compounded things. He was looking good - lots of potential there!

• 3 months later...

On 31/01/2018 at 12:30 PM, nhuskys said:

My religious beliefs preclude me from games of chance, but you'll get bragging rights if you're right!  I still think I'm going to be right though, especially if Bou has a say in it.  Watching Fajardo interact with other riders at Strasbourg and then watching Bou still be all smiles and handshakes with Busto reinforces that.  Fajardo doesn't seem to like anyone and I doubt he likes Busto very much.  The new GG showing Dabill the door half way through his contract, surely isn't making Fajardo feel too comfy.  His and Busto's lackluster performance so far isn't making anyone over there sleep well.  I'm pretty sure they are already plotting, how to get Gelabert away from Sherco next season.

You still sure on that now?

• Like 1

Not sure on anything anymore, except if it takes Fajardo another 9 years to win a world round again.... it isn't happening!  He definitely seems more comfortable outdoors, than he did indoors. Conversely Gelabert and Bincaz are definitely not showing their indoor form outdoors! 

I hope he can back it up tomorrow.  Busto is a little off the pace in Japan. It seems being an early starter in Japan was an advantage?  We'll see what tomorrow brings and if Farjardo can keep it up at the next round in Andorra..... I'll be suitably impressed!