Stolen Betas

doc46

2017 Beta Evo 200 stolen from my garage last night and my mate's 2007rev 3 250 from his garage about 2 streets away. My evo was as new only done 4 events, got a red rear spring, inlet hose and rim tapes

Both gone from Annfield Plain area of County Durham

Please keep a look out, these horrible c**** have no idea what I've been through to finally have another bike after a 15yr lay off and hope they have an excruciately painful death in front of their families on christmas morning

That bike was my life and there's no way I can afford another one

Ian "Strut" McPherson

• Like 1

Someone, somewhere must know where all of these bikes are going

Its reached epidemic proportions now!

A couple of dozen in the last week, some pretty rare bikes as well - they would stick out like a sore thumb at an event

I don’t honestly believe that anyone in our “community” would knowingly buy a stolen bike. So where are they going??

Personally think they’re going abroad.

I’ve given details to the police and hope for the perpetrators sake the bizzies get them before I do cos I’m way past giving a f***!!

Were you followed

1 hour ago, doc46 said:

Someone, somewhere must know where all of these bikes are going

Its reached epidemic proportions now!

A couple of dozen in the last week, some pretty rare bikes as well - they would stick out like a sore thumb at an event

I don’t honestly believe that anyone in our “community” would knowingly buy a stolen bike. So where are they going??

Personally think they’re going abroad.

I’ve given details to the police and hope for the perpetrators sake the bizzies get them before I do cos I’m way past giving a f***!!

Were you followed home?

Are you insured?

• Like 1

I’ve always made a point of not displaying my bikes, but last week some lowlife was flying a drone around spying in peoples back gardens!

it seemed quite interested in my bike which I was cleaning at the time

I tried to follow it but it shot off into the distance, someone told me the expensive ones have a range of 4 miles and a 4k camera!

Edited by suzuki250

14 hours ago, suzuki250 said:

I’ve always made a point of not displaying my bikes, but last week some lowlife was flying a drone around spying in peoples back gardens!

it seemed quite interested in my bike which I was cleaning at the time

I tried to follow it but shot off into the distance, someone tells me the expensive ones have a range of 4 miles and a 4k camera!

Bugger, that's not good

I always park my truck across the garage door so you cant open it. I have to start the truck to move it, cant push it even neutral

However, I moved it a few feet on Monday night to get something out and just forgot to move it back!

I live on a roadside overlooked by 5 other houses and my sons bedroom is directly above the garage door

I'm posting this to show we are all being watched all of the time and this is the consequence of a moments thoughtlessness

Please be extra careful especially this time of year, these ****s need extra  cash for sniff for the upcoming festive period!

32 minutes ago, pancho247 said:

what do people typically use for security for their bikes? I have a heavy duty chain and lock but don't have it secured to a solid anchor point. With all the bike thefts recently I want to upgrade my security.

What do you guys use?

You need it anchored to the floor, or they will just carry it off and load it in a van!

Unfortunately I speak with experience

And an alarm if possible, even the cheapo ebay shed alarms are better than nothing!

Edited by suzuki250