Fantic Motor 268 mono shock import

alik

I have fantic motor 268 80cc junior trials bike from about 1986. It is mono shock with drum breaks which were only made for a short time, not sure when though.

I am looking to make it road legal but i am not sure whether i need to do any importation paperwork, as far as i am aware it has been in the uk since new and it has no paperwork and has not previously been registered. does anyone know if i would need to go through the import process before i register it?

Ali  

I think you have 2 choices, your local vehicle licensing centre will confirm. Fill in the forms and have a Q plate allocated. Have a recognised authority confirm the bikes origin, this would normally be the manufacturer or the importer but they may accept it from a dealer. Either way you will need to get it MOT'd using the frame number and then insured before a registration plate is allocated

As an aside I've converted mine to a twin shock so it can be used in more suitable events.