Cota 200

jimcomins

29 minutes ago, jimcomins said:

I'm sure this has been asked before but I am new to this forum  and Trials biking. Does anyone know what oils are required for a 1980s Cota 200 and what fuel mix? I'm using 50:1 at the moment.

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim,

As per the manual 25:1 or 4% is what is described, email me at twinshocktrials@gmail.com and I will forward the manual to you.

Regards,

Mark

1 hour ago, cleanorbust said:

Correct. 50:1 is fine for the old Spanish bikes these days.

we raced with the Cota 123 for two year in the 1982-1983 (italian national junior championship) at 60:1 with sinthetic oil (Bel Ray MC1)  and after 6 month of race, our trial mechanic check the engine and discover that there wasn't any particular problem (piston tollerance and connecting rod) but a lot of deposit on piston and rings, so he told us to reduce the oil into the premix at 80:1, then we raced all the rest of the time at 80:1 with racing sinthetic oil.

sorry for my orrible english :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimcomins said:

Cheers for that, I must be thick but where do you drain and top up the Gearbox and clutch levels? There's only one plastic filling plug in the clutch cover side and one drain plug below this side of the engine.

did you not get the manual ? ?

3 hours ago, jimcomins said:

Cheers for that, I must be thick but where do you drain and top up the Gearbox and clutch levels? There's only one plastic filling plug in the clutch cover side and one drain plug below this side of the engine.

i think the cota 123/200 has only 1 gear box oil, so go to 10w30 or 10w40 or atf

cota 348/349 has two different type of oil, separate: 80/90 in gearbox and 10/30 in clutch