2006 yam scorpa 250 bike starts, runs and goes into gear fine but no power????

j4yme174

Hiya gents and ladies, my bikes been running a right treat for a while now and can't complain at all but today I was in my local woods on broken down logs etc and all of a sudden no power ( revs and changes gear no problem but no go just revs )

all morning and afternoon it was running fine with plenty of power but then no poke?!? 

I've been very lucky with past bikes and had no problems at all and never had to do anything like this apart from normal maintenance, wondered what it could be? Clutch feels like once in gear and pulled off when putting throttle on and it revving its butt off it's just slipping

any advice would be great thanks in advance. 

Jay

Agree on checking the small adjuster at the lever.

I am going through a 2005 SY250R I recently purchased.

That engine, in the Scorpa chassis has a funky adapted hydraulic clutch setup.  You might ensure no pebbles or debris are fouling the engines clutch arm movement.

Thanks for both replies guys appreciate both.

theres absolutely no free play currently it seems less easy to pull clutch lever in ( but I don't know if that's just in my mind because I also have a feeling it's the clutch gone but hoped not ) 

I've currently got the bike stripped down.... for cleaning and general maintenance just checked for pebble or anything obstructing but nothing

either of you any idea or price of clutch and fitting for roughly? Lol

Thanks for both replies guys appreciate both.

theres absolutely no free play currently it seems less easy to pull clutch lever in ( but I don't know if that's just in my mind because I also have a feeling it's the clutch gone but hoped not ) 

I've currently got the bike stripped down.... for cleaning and general maintenance just checked for pebble or anything obstructing but nothing

either of you any idea or price of clutch and fitting for roughly? Lol

Hi laud, if I mind right years ago the clutch slave cyl got jammed in on my lads SY

. Seemed odd at the time and the bike had no drive.

Think it was something to do with the washer that holds the plunger in.

Check this out before you start stripping things down but it sounds like your problem funny feeling it's caused by the poorly designed clutch arm.

Cheers the noo.

27 minutes ago, j4yme174 said:

Theres absolutely no free play currently it seems less easy to pull clutch lever in ( but I don't know if that's just in my mind because I also have a feeling it's the clutch gone but hoped not ) 

This may be the problem.

There needs to be around 2mm free play between the lever and master cylinder piston.

As everything heats up, the fluid expands and because the master cylinder is adjusted right up, the fluid can't flow back into the ressie.

So the clutch becomes disengaged all the time.

The master cylinders piston needs to be able to return fully back.

Check the adjustable pin on the clutch lever that pushes again the master cylinder piston.

Back it off until there is 2mm of movement before the pin actuates the piston.

Check all the other master cylinders also have this 2mm free play.

Edited by goudrons

I'll be sure to check everything tomorrow now as everything is locked up in garage space it got a wee cold out there lol

i noticed as well when no gear selected the wheel spins freely, as soon as gear is selected with the clutch in the wheel doesn't budge.... am I right in saying the clutch has gone on this one? 

Thanks guys