Sherco front light;

mink_man

Im looking for a front light for my 2005 sherco, they seem to be quite hard to find! Are they all the same fit from 99  right up to this year? 

And are they actually any good for riding at dusk, is it even worth having?

Edited by mink_man

2 hours ago, mink_man said:

Im looking for a front light for my 2005 sherco, they seem to be quite hard to find! Are they all the same fit from 99  right up to this year? 

And are they actually any good for riding at dusk, is it even worth having?

I likely have one, but postage from the US may be a bit harsh. And no, they are fairly useless. I mite look for a small LED or even a bicycle type that has battery!

01 on is basically the same. Look on ebay for a blue head light & you should be okay. The 99 & 2000 model lights are actually usable, has a real bulb in it & will fit

The road legal kit which mine came with should work but are butt ugly

It gets dark pretty early here so I have some experience with this.

I have found that the light on the bike to be of very little use especially if you are doing a lot of work on the back wheel as the light end up pointing into the sky so tough to see where you are going. A light on your helmet tends to be a bit better as it points where you are looking you can get some that fit to a go pro mount. I usually just try to light up the whole area that I am practicing with either a string of lights or a few 400 W lights shining down on my practice area (backyard). A real advantage of being able to practice trials in a smaller space compared to MX or enduro riding... riding under the street light in the front yard works well also :). 

Edited by michael_t

5 hours ago, mink_man said:

That is like a 55W halogen light, and the lighting coils on the Sherco and other trials bikes are NOT designed to run them. Along with that, you are sharing power with the FAN.

I cannot recall exactly, but I think the factory light was speced at 12W or something, not a lot, but LED's do help.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine on ebay for £30, though the bike doesn't have the wiring for it and I don't have the bar switch either (which is harder to find second hand), so it's only for looks.

Bulb spec and light kit on splatshop:
http://www.splatshop.co.uk/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?sherco_part_code=C067

I use a medium powered bicycle light that you can strap to the bars such as the Lezyne, does the job.