New member....new scorpa owner!

scorpa175

Hello folks...new member here and just getting into trials, wanted to say hi and thanks for all the excellent information, and what a great forum!  I'm the proud new owner of a 2005 scorpa 125!  Sweet bike and I just love it.  It's got a 160cc kit already and in mint shape!...like 10 tanks is all the owner reckons he ran through it!  It's never been re jetted so that is my first order of business.   I'm also curious if there were different models or trims of the sy125/sy175.  Mine is an sy I believe but it's got a minimal seat, headlight, tail light, and hydraulic clutch.  I'm curious if there are any "must do" mods for these bikes?  I see a rev box, cams, exhaust, and such are available.  Has anyone ever fit a small oil cooler for additional capacity and cooling?  Anyway, just excited and rambling on.. I pick up the bike tomorrow...its so cherry that I hate to learn on it and take my spills it's such nice shape.  Thanks 

Hi Scorpa and welcome. Not many of these bikes around the Trials scene these day's.

I've owned a 163 since late 06 and it's been the best made bike I've ever had and I've had dozens.

It's totally stock and probably runs better than the first day I got it.

It's done 100s of Trials and is my default bike for setting out  events so it's had some stick.

I've ridden ones that have been tweaked with lightened flywheels carb mods and different exhausts and they all ran worse than mine so I would say leave it stock if it runs ok,don't try to make it into something it isn't.

Mine doesn't get much just the odd oil change and tape up the airbox where it joins the mudgurd to keep the mud out .

Great bikes everybody should have one.

Have fun.

• 1 month later...

Hi 

I am thinking of going over to the darkside and buying a modernish mono trials bike and a very nice unmolested 2005/6/7 not sure,  250 scorpa lays ready to go a stones throw from me. I  will not be launching at huge things and riding modern trials to get my fitness and eye in for classic events this year. They seem to be bullet proof and at around 1700 euros good value. Is there anything I should look out for when viewing, and are plastics and bits ok to find.. not that I intend to fall off too much. Might have to learn to bounce it around a little too .. old dog new tricks so ... thanks in advance.