Rubbish front brake

Ride around whilst holding the front brake on, then when hot pour cold water on the disc and pads, it cleans up the pads and disc.

I do it from time to time to keep brakes sharp.

Cheers

Edited by birdy

Many years ago, before front wheelies became popular, we used to take our bikes for scruitineering with the brake adjusted to lock the front wheel.  After being scruitinised, we would loosen the brake so that it would not bind...  The reason being that we did not want to cause a front wheel slide in the sections, if we grabbed the brake too quickly.  

But I suppose you now want to do front wheel pivot turns..!

Edited by scifi
  • Like 1

Heffergm is correct. If your disk is contaminated then it will contaminate every pad you put in. The disk must be absolutely clean of oils. I've cleaned contaminated pads by heating out of the caliper with a propane torch. The front calipers on Betas seem to be rather mellow compared to TRS and Vertigo units. Could just be the way they are set up. It doesn't take much of an air bubble to soften hydraulics and other things like hose flex will have a similar effect. Ron Commo used to have custom thin stainless steel brake lines made for his Betas to sharpen up his brakes