Bing Carb specs for Model 183 Sherpa T.

fourex

I have recently bought a 1976 Sherpa T 350 model 183 which I have not yet taken delivery of due to it being in transit from a few thousand kilometres away, should see it soon.

The pics I have of it,  show it wearing a Mikuni or a TMK or something. Basically, I want to return it to std once it arrives and I have a worn Bing T84 (28mm) that I just bought on flea-bay that I want to refurb and fit to this bike, I know that this will require new inlet/outlet rubbers but they are easily sourced from places like in-motion.

Question is for any aficionados, what jetting would one recommend for this model with the Bing 28 mm ?

I have a copy of a model 191 owners manual that someone gave me that states the following jet sizes............

Slide= 5

Needle=1(position 2)

Needle jet= 2.73

Main jet= 125

Pilot Jet=35 - 65

Do these numbers sound right?  Most of this stuff is still available but quite expensive so I would like to try and get it right 1st time, that pilot jet sizing is non-committal (35 - 65).

I'm in Australia at sea level approx and average temp is 20 degrees Celsius if this helps.  Any advice appreciated.

IMG_5923.JPG

Bing 02.jpg

Hi Fourex. If you can wait until Saturday I`m going out to Upper Brookfield where I have a Bing sitting on a shelf off a M199 or I can pull one off a M199A or a M199B and get all the jet sizes for you. You can only buy 0 slides now too so you will have to file a new one to suit. I`m in the same area as you so the jetting off these bikes should be what you need. Graham.

• 1 month later...