Trs rr vs gasgas gp

gasser2011

On looks I say TRS.

Don't have anyone near me with a TRS to try and get a ride so can't say on anything else.

On what I have read I think I would go TRS between the two but really don't know in all actuality.  

Hopefully someone with an actual ride report will chime in soon.

• Like 1

Opinions of others are not how to buy a bike, You need to throw your leg over as many bikes as you can and make the call based on your feelings. One bike will ultimately feel better than anything else you tried. Now with that being said I have Been a die hard beta guy since 2000 and have had nothing other up until 3 months ago as we got tired of the lack of Beta trials support. We jumped into Trs not knowing much about them other than Its a Jordi Tarres creation. Let me tell you how absolutely superb this machine is, from Form and function to Build Quality to ease of maintaining. I never thought I could be happy not having a Beta, Now I'm like...... Beta What!???.  And we like them so much we are now TRS dealers in upstate N.y

• Like 3

After riding GasGas for quite a few years, Beta for a while, and now TRS, I would agree with evoalien. I like to think of the TRS as engineered simplicity. Rides very well, easy to set-up and maintain, excellent transmission and power, and plastics that won't break given a stern look!

The TRS is very similar to a gas gas to ride. I think it has a little more weight bias towards the front and the steering head isnt quite as steep. I find it steers better, less twitchy, as a result.

My previous gas gas was a racing with a two way Reiger shock and marzocchi forks. The suspension on the RR TRS is a significant improvement.

I got mine in February,  in terms of problems all I've had to replace is the spherical bearing in the linkage which was £20. The seals and bearings throughout the rest of the linkage are still good and not damaged due to a better linkage design. My bikes done quite a bit of work so I've gone through pads, wheel bearings and sprockets as you would expect.

I did richen the carb a little from new but I had to do the same to the gas gas.

Overall I'm delighted with it, its well thought out and properly put together. I'll have another one.

Edited by baldilocks

• 3 years later...

Just to add to this thread - 
I have a 2014 GG TXT PRO 250 and recently got a 2018 TRS One R 125 for my partner.  When I got my GG, I replaced wheel bearings and all suspension linkage bearings as they were toast.  The difference in simple design and engineering between the GG and the TRS is amazing. I've only had the TRS 3 weeks, and did wheel bearings and the linkage and swing arm bearings also.  2 bolts removes the entire swing arm in about 5 mins on the TRS.  The GG is MUCH more involved and finicky in disassembly proceedure.

Pretty much every aspect of maintaining the TRS is better than my '14 GG.  I did MC kits in front and rear brakes and clutch lever also.  To bleed the rear brake on the GG is a nightmare, and, even getting the brake lever and MC off is a pain.  The TRS is a 2 second job, and it has a remote resevoir so, makes for easy brake bleeding.

To ride?  The TRS  Has a nice solid easy shifting 5 speed and the GG a 6 speed.  I often have trouble with the top 3 gear selections on my GG, but that might be due to age and wear and tear.  THe TRS shifts easy and clean and positive.  My GG shift lever also falls off constantly  due to vibration despite loads of locktite on shaft and bolt.  Bolt stays done up, but still vibrates off the shaft!  The TRS has a lock ring.  Simple.  The TRS's suspension feels much more plush and supportive than my GG - that that also might be due to age and wear and tear. 

I'm thinking about upgrading my GG soon... which will I get?  Not sure actually - I love the look and sound and FIT of the GG for me as it feels a little bigger than the TRS and I'm 6'3".  But from a maintainence and 'bombproof' point of view?  The TRS sure seems easier and simplier to maintain by a country mile.

• 2 months later...