Sherco bikes of the last 10 years;

mink_man

Disc guards have improved and become more enclosed as time goes on and thus safer. Maybe older guards degrade quicker in a hot climate. I am not aware of that problem in the UK. 

7 minutes ago, sectionone said:

I picked up an 07 Sherco and it has what must be the cheapest, thinnest front brake disc guard on any bike. Literally crumbled in my hand like crushing a styrofoam cup. Granted 12 years old, but I remember new ones breaking easily.

On 11/24/2017 at 6:40 PM, micm said:

I think you are being a bit hard on Sherco.

The 2007 to 2009 models were well sorted and in my experience reliable.

The back tank design 2010 to 2014/5 were innovative but perhaps not the best approach in retrospect.

The newer Scorpa (post 2015) made by Sherco with Sherco engines etc are fine (including stickers) so I don't imagine the newer blue ones are any different in quality.

Which bike do you currently ride?

A 2016 Scorpa 'Twenty' 300 since new, left in standard spec. It's quite powerful but predictable, the engine is not peaky. By comparison the 250 version seemed a bit flat when I tried one at a demo day the following year.  No complaints about the Scorpa however, no repairs or faults and it was ridden weekly. Nigel Birkett is a good dealer. If there is a weakness I would say only a 5 speed box not 6. A low 4th in my area can be an advantage and fun! Clutch action for the bike was quite heavy.

Power does vary from year to year and from Scorpa  'standard' to 'works' but not always how you imagine as some earlier 'standards' ones have more go than later 'works' models of the same cc. Quite noticeable as you can easily swap the 'black' boxes on the fly. The Sherco version felt slightly different to ride, and some components like for example the fuel tanks were not interchangeable, at least for the 2016/7 bikes. Recently because I have never owned one I have ordered a new 2020 Beta.

Regards