Coolant

bondy

Hello All Am New to the Scorpa just bought a 2007 Scorpa been After 1 for a while this 1 is pretty tidy for the Age my question is what Coolant is the correct 1 to use? I noticed a small pool off Green Liqid just below the Water pump on the bash plate not sure where its coming from it only happened when the bike was warmed up only bought it yesterday and had a play on it today happy with the bike Love it any help would be good cheers Bondy. p.s just an update I since cleaned the pool off fluid up off the bash plate when back to it hours later nothing dry however I notice there is a over flow pipe coming from the rad and I run my finger over the edge and it was wet with coolant is it normal to come from the over flow pipe? 

Edited by bondy

Good choice on the new bike.   No its not normal to lose coolant from the overflow, could be the previous owner overfilled the rad and the excess is blowing out when the bike warms up, or , and most likely,check the thermostat is bringing the fan on, if its not the bike will overheat and again blow the coolant out. Personally I use silkolene procool. 

Agree, possibly overfilled and simply venting the excess.

You might consider routing the overflow hose outside the bash plate and then watch for  any signs of coolant, just to ensure it is not a waterpump seal or drain, gasket, etc.

The manuals suggest a 50/50 mix of coolant and water.

Myself, keeping it simple, I replaced the coolant with what I use in the KTM.  70% distilled water, 30% coolant safe for aluminum, and the applicable amount of Water Wetter for the batch I mixed.

cheers guys iv'e not been out on the bike since I bought it only up and down where I live love it ill re rout the over flow out side the bash plate and try this the guy I got it off did say it had just had a full Service so hoping its just a over fill on the coolant ill takes some pics and upload them glad to be a scorpa owner :D:D

cheers guys iv'e not been out on the bike since I bought it only up and down where I live love it ill re rout the over flow out side the bash plate and try this the guy I got it off did say it had just had a full Service so hoping its just a over fill on the coolant ill takes some pics and upload them glad to be a scorpa owner :D:D

HI guys I found where the coolant was coming from as above I run the over flow pipe on the out side started up run for abit looked down and a small drip came from the over flow pipe kept it running to see if the fan kicked in and it did so Allo ok cheers.

• Like 1