help with TLR200 reflex geometry

jesusgatos

Picked up a super clean TLR200, only had 100 miles on it. Want to modernize to suit intended use as street-legal trailbike more than trials bike. Plan is to strip it down and tweak the geometry a bit, install XR swingarm with disc brake and upgraded shocks to get +-8" travel, and some kind of better fork with disc brake.

Would like to lay-out the chassis/suspension geometry to make sure any changes will be improvements before start cutting/welding, wondering if anybody here can help with those numbers. Wheelbase, chassis/suspension geometry, ergos, etc. Found some helpful info in the thread at the link below, just trying to fill in the gaps. Thanks.

trials.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9348

Edited by jesusgatos

I have to agree with the sentiments above, don't destroy it; they're not making any more!  You can cut up any old TLR.

Apart from that, the mods you intend to carry out would seem pointless on such a gutless slug (you make no mention of pepping up the motor).  I was out two weeks ago with a pal who rides a Reflex and it was not capable of keeping up with my SL 230 (and that is as flat as a fart) at 45 mph when the road took a slight turn upward.

I think you'll be disappointed and, more to the point, get next to nothing for it, compared to an unmolested one, when you decide to move it on as a result.

It's your business of course but I always find it a shame when people mangle rare old bikes when the same, or better, could be achieved by starting with something less precious.

If hrtdoug can point me to one of the zillions I'd be very grateful, as I'd love to have one.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...