Beta Vs Sherco

aevans692

Hi all  

still searching for a bike , have seen a few sherco 290 & 250, 2007 - 2010 looks ok , and have been looking at a beta evo 250, 2012 ..  

The beta is a little bit more money , Im kinda looking on opinions on both bikes , pros and cons ? and how they ride whats good , whats not ... 

Im just returning to trials after 13 year , bk then I had a sherco 290 , but cant remember too much on how it was .. 

any info would be greatly appreciated ..   

Cheers Andy  . . . 

I had two Betas. The last being a 2013 Beta Evo 250.  I tried a 2014 Sherco and found it to be more agile, nimbler and felt lighter.  The Beta would wash out on tight upward turns, but the Sherco never does.

Betas have expensive mudguards that are made of glass and the "stickers" don't.

I would buy another Sheco, but not a Beta.

8 minutes ago, stpauls said:

The trouble with forums like this is that completely ignorant and uninformed fools are free to write any inaccurate rubbish that they dream up or mis-understand and then repeat it as being fact.

And the upside to forums like this is that if someone writes inaccurate rubbish it can be removed. Try getting Faecebook to remove something...

• Like 6

20 hours ago, tshock250 said:

having owned both, the beta is a better machine for me.

It offers more grip, more tractable power and better steering.

Whatever you do, get a decent test on both machines as it really is personal preference, try before you buy.

I agree with try before you buy.  My wife for years has loved her Gas Gas 125.  She finally spent some decent time on my former 07 Montesa 4RT and is now wanting to upgrade to a new Montesa 4RT 260.  

I probably should have encouraged her to do it sooner... LOL

Well I have been looking at a Sherco 2015 , 300 factory ..  which looks nice , but seems a little cheap , so was a bit cautious asking price £2700 delivered ..  

or I have seen a 2013 beta evo 250 , which is very very clean , the asking price for that is £2600 ..  

Don't buy a 4 year old trials bike without seeing it,generally if it's advertised cheap there's a reason.300 factory Sherco is a bike for a good expert,the Beta you mention would be a better choice,maybe £200 too dear though