Does anyone know height and weight of the pro riders?

leosantanalg

Being in shape invariably helps, the less mass you have to move the easier it is to hop. But the one thing about trials that most people like is that fitness and strength play a minor role to skill and technique. Theres a lot of heavy guys that can hop very well, and also lots of guys straight from the gym that struggle to lift the front wheel nevermind the back! 

Dabill and maybe Ferrer and Casales are the tallest heaviest guys on the world tour. Dabill is around 6'1, 180 ish pounds i would guess from seeing him in person

Edited by faussy

Yes, I think my theory got debunked. Thank you to all of you guys that allowed me to enjoy the burger and beer with a bit less regret. lol.  I will keep working my technique and definitely going to get a 300 next.  I m pretty sure that 250 will do fine but I m looking forward to more torque and less throttle. Just my impression: I rode a 300 and my 250 back to back and felt comfortable on both. That day I was just doing double blips and small zaps and my bike was a bit easier I believe because I m used to my set up. The 300 really felt lighter during the pop 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leosantanalg said:

Yes, I think my theory got debunked. Thank you to all of you guys that allowed me to enjoy the burger and beer with a bit less regret. lol.  I will keep working my technique and definitely going to get a 300 next.  I m pretty sure that 250 will do fine but I m looking forward to more torque and less throttle. Just my impression: I rode a 300 and my 250 back to back and felt comfortable on both. That day I was just doing double blips and small zaps and my bike was a bit easier I believe because I m used to my set up. The 300 really felt lighter during the pop 

Riding at the Tryals Shop last Wednesday on the shop bike, a GG TXT320 instead of my usual 125(More bike than I want!)....  We got discussing various displacements, the owner Mike Komer( He has been riding trials for 40 years) said that a 250 was definitely easier to hop, than a 300. I'll trust him on that!

On 12/9/2017 at 4:39 PM, nhuskys said:

Riding at the Tryals Shop last Wednesday on the shop bike, a GG TXT320 instead of my usual 125(More bike than I want!)....  We got discussing various displacements, the owner Mike Komer( He has been riding trials for 40 years) said that a 250 was definitely easier to hop, than a 300. I'll trust him on that!

Could be easier to hop or could be just the fact he is more comfortable on the 250. regardless the 300 has its own advantages. You cant deny the difference in torque. I m also looking to possibly get something with 5 speed instead 6 like the Gas gas I ride now. I see that as an advantage for my style of riding

7 hours ago, lineaway said:

That is strange as the 5 speeds all pretty much suck on the loop, and first through third are the main trials gears. Any 5 speed I have ever ridden needs another gear, except my old TL 250.

Nothing sucks on the loop, like a GG Pro 125 6 speed.....   Sometimes 5th isn't enough for a steep hill and shifting between 4th and 5th sucks!  My Scorpa 125SC 5 speed is way better.

• Like 1