Beamish Suzuki Cylinder base gasket thicknes

bultacorock

• 1 month later...

Oops no one got back to you! Your Black Engine should be a 325 (322) Measure the thickness of your original/old gasket. With the cylinder barrel installed and the piston at top dead centre (exactly) you will need to measure piston protrusion...how far up the piston is in relation to the top of the barrel. I would guess that there will be witness marks in the barrel indicating where the top compression ring reached....wear marks. If you are at the stage of rebore and new piston then you will need to refer to either a Clymer or Haynes workshop manual, possibly the information you need is on Google or Suzuki Owners sites. You can with care alter the piston port timing slightly to make the engine a little more peppy or softer, I would keep it standard.??Now if it was my engine I would convert it back to 325 as this is a real torque monster of an engine, one reason why quite a few has sidecars fitted. There is no official procedure in the Suzuki workshop manual for cylinder base gasket dimensioning, unless this was lost in translation from Japanese to English. If you w@nt to go big with motor the 250 sleeve can be removed to expose the original 322cc cylinder liner, not sure what condition it will be in but the bigger piston can be sourced by trying the owners club or Nigel Burkett may be able to help. Cheers from ?? 

• Like 1