Hello everyone.

frenchy3

Hello all,

i am not new to off road bikes but at the age of 56 i would like to buy a trials bike to hone my skills and possibly "wobble" around a local trial as i get competant. Any suggestions of a cheap £1000-£1500 as a starter bike. Thanks in advance. Steve.

• Like 1

I've never ridden one but always hankered after a Scorpa, the one with the Yamaha engine in it.

They seem to be a solid dependable bike with reasonable manners ???

Plus the second hand value for a well looked after bike is a bonus.

I reckon £1200 would get such a bike.... 

Ready to stand corrected of course :) !!

• Like 1

Hi there and welcome. The old scorpas are fine but still buy on condition don't get too caught up in thinking a newer bike will be better because it doessn't  really work that way .

As I say don't buy anything rough it never works out.

Happy hunting.

Edited by breagh
  • Like 2

Hello frenchy3.  Where are you based.? we're in the midlands. One of our club members has a very nice scorpa for sale. Around the £1000 mark. 

Wouldn't normally recommend a bike but I recently heard he had it for sale. He's an older generation rider and its been used for exactly what it was meant for, cleaned and maintained properly. Tom

19 hours ago, hanks said:

Hello frenchy3.  Where are you based.? we're in the midlands. One of our club members has a very nice scorpa for sale. Around the £1000 mark. 

Wouldn't normally recommend a bike but I recently heard he had it for sale. He's an older generation rider and its been used for exactly what it was meant for, cleaned and maintained properly. Tom

Hello Tom,i am in Norfolk. That sounds like a great deal and just the sort of thing i am after. I am not in any rush at the moment with Christmas just around the corner. Steve.