Hello World, Mark here trying to read a spark plug.

studio208

Hi & thankyou Section. Has this bike been properly set-up by dealer or just unpacked and sold? I know it was rode and tested prior to delivery, but that's as much as I know.

Yesterday I had a few spare hours so I treated it more like an mx and caned it for 2 hours in 4th with new plug, & 91 octane fuel from a different servo with 100:mix. Removed plug after ride, got off bike and fell over dog, broke wrist again then let a drug f....ed woman driving dangerously smash into my car to stop her from going through a red light. BUT, my plugs not caked in carbon although it's black.

Plug chop. That was next on the list. I was wondering though, as most riding is slow and 1/4 to 1/2 throttle, would a plug chop indicate only high speed jetting as low speed be jet would be irrelevant at full throttle?

2 hr run.jpg

On 14/12/2017 at 9:50 PM, studio208 said:

Hi & thankyou Section. Has this bike been properly set-up by dealer or just unpacked and sold? I know it was rode and tested prior to delivery, but that's as much as I know.

Yesterday I had a few spare hours so I treated it more like an mx and caned it for 2 hours in 4th with new plug, & 91 octane fuel from a different servo with 100:mix. Removed plug after ride, got off bike and fell over dog, broke wrist again then let a drug f....ed woman driving dangerously smash into my car to stop her from going through a red light. BUT, my plugs not caked in carbon although it's black.

Plug chop. That was next on the list. I was wondering though, as most riding is slow and 1/4 to 1/2 throttle, would a plug chop indicate only high speed jetting as low speed be jet would be irrelevant at full throttle?

2 hr run.jpg

The plug chop will show you how the mixture is under load, just like making the engine work hard in a section. Constant throttle on off as in a section or practising will produce the type of colour you have in the photo. The fuel and oil hangs around longer in the 2T combustion chamber than in a four stroke and this influences the plug colour, the trick is to ensure the jetting, filter and settings are spot on. Altitude and humidity will all have an effect. Rain will give a denser air, hot weather will reduce oxygen content. Riding in a wooded area or forest will usually produce moisture laden air and the bike may feel more responsive. Equally riding at night when the air cools down gives denser air and the bike seems to respond more, your car etc will also react the same. ? You’ll have to advise me what roads you are using as you apparently attract accidents. Maybe put the bike away until you are 100% healed up. ?