Hello everyone!

section swept

Having spent more than a few hours researching different trials bikes and members issues on this site, I have finally taken the plunge and signed up?. I am currently restoring a 1972 Bultaco M80 Sherpa 250 ‘T’ Kit Campeon. This will be my third trials bike that I have restored since taking early retirement from an Automotive Engineering background. Previously a 1980 Bultaco 199a 350 (325) Sherpa ‘T’ and then a 1979 Yamaha TY 250 E. The last time I rode a Trials bike in anger was at the Trade and Press Barons Wazy Goose Trial held at Brands Hatch in 1979. I have always had road bikes (many) my last being a KTM 990 Adventure, a fantastic machine. That went when I decided that it was too dangerous to ride on the roads, far too many white van’s (hire) being driven by phone addicts and driving standards in general leaving an awful lot to be desired. I have owned a Francis Barnett Trials bike and then a Sprite 250 Trials. Around 1976 I became the owner of an ex-works 1972 Bultaco 325 Sherpa ‘T’ Kit Campeon, what a bike that was and I wish I had never sold it!? Just a bit about me and I look forward to being a member, cheers?

• Like 2

I like the Sprite connection.  In their day they seemed to be just what was needed, but sales did not amount to much.  I suppose the foreign bikes with 5 and 6 speed gearboxes was what everybody went for, as they gave a choice of 3 usable gears in sections.   I seem to remember trying out a Sprite MX bike, and it certainly performed very well.