problem with crankshaft

guidobetaevo300

I was muttering to myself about Beta bolting onto plastic while out in the garage the other night. The plastic shield over the gearbox sprocket is held on with two small bolts into the crankcase which (I think) also hold things together in the crankcase. And one of the two bolts holding the front brake caliper also holds the plastic disc shield in place. That's a biggish bolt (M10?) that's reacting brake torque so you really don't want that one working loose.

40 minutes ago, trapezeartist said:

And one of the two bolts holding the front brake caliper also holds the plastic disc shield in place. That's a biggish bolt (M10?) that's reacting brake torque so you really don't want that one working loose.

Metal inserting plastic shield ?

3 hours ago, oni nou said:

Plastic disc guards usually have a metal insert that stops the plastic being crushed and distorted and enables the head of the bolt that screws into the calliper to clamp tightly to the metal surface of the metal anti- crush insert.

Echo ....

Edited by b40rt

7 hours ago, oni nou said:

Plastic disc guards usually have a metal insert that stops the plastic being crushed and distorted and enables the head of the bolt that screws into the calliper to clamp tightly to the metal surface of the metal anti- crush insert.

Usually, yes. But not in Betaworld.