improving rear suspension on a 2015 290 sherco

bobb

There is nothing wrong with the stock shock. (Ridden very hard it can break.) The Gasser has a more lively feel in comparison. You have to make sure the suspension is set up correctly for your weight before spending money on a different shock.

• Like 1

I'm no expert but I ride loads of bikes.

What I find is bikes the owners have neglected the linkage /swinging arm  maintainence are pretty poor.

Everything working nice and smoothly makes a massive difference.

Never heard and complaints about the Sherco suspension assume you can fine tune the damping so there is a chance a previous owner has adjusted it poorly.

Another thing if you've an old tyre on something like a Pirelli or a Mitas  it wont help.

Agree with Lineaway don't spend any money until you've checked it all out.

Apologies for sounding a bit patronising you probably know more that me,

will take the shock out and have a look 

bike used to be riden on highest level but it had a different shock then ( TRP shock) 

the standard shock has not done a lot of work yet maybe something wrong with bearings or link system

i have a michelin x light on, bike has not been used for 1.5 years ( prefer my bsa :p)

2 hours ago, huski said:

Wonder if they have the shock set up properly?Ohlins are usually excellent 

Well until recently he was the best UK rider on a sherco, so i guess. Swapped it out for a reiger. Personally i think the ohlins is a little old hat at the moment, reiger have certainly took things to a new level.

Edited by faussy