Full-size v Mini Majesty

trapezeartist

At 5'10 I've extended the swingarm, moved the pegs back and down, and moved the handlebars up and forward so the bike fits me.  It was uncomfortable without that, because the stock TY175 was designed for teenagers to ride and thus is already smaller than most twinshocks.

The longer swingarm has helped a lot on climbs, without it the TY175 is light on the front ... now my main problem is getting my speed right rather than the front wheel coming up!

20 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

I understand the Mini Majesty was a little bit shorter in the wheelbase than the full-size 175, and straight front downtubes. Are there any other differences? How would the Mini perform with an adult rider (75kg approx, 5'9")? Would it be too light on the front on climbs?

The full size 175 Godden framed Majesty has a longer top tube under the tank with the down tubes slightly cranked in front of the exhaust port to meet with the engine, while those on the mini version were straight giving a slightly shorter wheelbase. Personally I have always thought that by making the rest of the two bikes identical this was the lowest cost method of selling two seemingly different machines.

I have a mini framed model which is in original condition other than having had the footrests lowered and moved rearwards by the addition of a bolted on bracket mounting plate each side. The bike rides very well as it is but I have bought a swing arm and lengthening pieces as I think increasing the wheelbase by this method a better option.

No idea how a standard TY175 or the standard Yamaha but Majesty modified frame which the earlier ones were measures up against a Godden Majesty or even how they ride.

Edited by trialsrfun