Xtrial 2018 FIM Sucks (does not suck anymore)!!

leosantanalg

16 hours ago, heffergm said:

And? A couple highlight reels isn't gonna cut it (at least with me). I should point out I'd be happy to do what I do with MotoGP: stream all the events live, offer some pre and post race commentary, and I'll pay you a yearly subscription fee. 

I am so with you on this, I would be happy to pay a yearly fee to watch it all with some race commentary even if it's a day or two after the event... give me all of it!!!  please!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

4 hours ago, heffergm said:

Updated my comment. There's a season pass option.

I see the explanation of the season pass, but don't see a link to purchase it?  The only links I see are to purchase the individual events.  Could someone point it out?

2 hours ago, heffergm said:

Click on an event name (not the buy option, but the name of the event is a link). It should be on the next page. 

Thank you heffergm!  $49.02 US for the season pass, so $7 US a trial for the remaining events.  PayPal made it painless, so I'm in! 

A friend of mine who is really into his motorcycling came with me to a trials event once. He had seen clips of the world championship, indoor & out, and watched a bit of footage of the ssdt.

On the way home from the event I asked him what he thought? He replied " Its a bit like cricket, boring as hell to watch unless you are a keen enthusiast and you can't really appreciate the skills unless you have a go yourself."

So I asked him what he thought of the world championship? He replied " Yeah its amazing what these guys can do with a motorbike, but once you have seen one rider conquer the section its boring after that"

Now I've rode trials all my life, I'm a huge fan of all the championships, from traditional through to X trial. So I was rather dismayed by my friend's response, after all he is a keen motorcyclist and quite open minded. But after a while it hit home to me that in fact he was probably just stating what the consensus would be from the majority of the general public. The fact is trials is a motor sport and unless you do it yourself a rather un-thrilling one, because in general motor sports are often perceived as speed related.

Edited by dav cc
  • Like 4

Yup, I like watching a bit of indoor trials but it does all kinda meld into one after a while ... that was one area where Kick Start excelled, because they 'jazzed it up' a bit for TV

Variety or side-by-side competition does get regular people's attention better ... that's one area where I like watching a lot of classic trials on youtube, because of the variety of bikes and terrain (and beautiful views sometimes)