Xtrial 2018 FIM Sucks (does not suck anymore)!!

leosantanalg

I am pretty disappointed with the Job that FIM does to promote trials. The Xtrials happened almost 1 month ago in France and still nop where to be found online! On top of that they took off the youtube video that was circulating. 

For Fans around the world is hard enough having to know who won it first hand before you even watch. at least they should let us watch after. How hard is it to broadcast a trials event on line??? p*** poor job if you ask me

Edited by leosantanalg
  • Like 5

Promoting trials events in the locale they take place is all well and good, but it's a global sport. And a global sport with very small, isolated groups of people in different parts of the world is only ever going to do well if it can find ways to unify all those groups. Guess what? The internet is great way to do this, but no one seems to be bothering to leverage it. Finding out results of events after the fact, not streaming them online, and otherwise ignoring the fact that people want to watch isn't doing trials any good.

At least with outdoor events we got to see qualifying, but it was another long wait to see a highlight reel a week later of the actual trial. With X-Trial it's a no-brainer. Just stream the damn thing on Youtube for crying out loud... the entire event takes place in a space that a single guy can cover, there's no technical excuse not to do it.

Edited by heffergm
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, boringac said:

And? A couple highlight reels isn't gonna cut it (at least with me). I should point out I'd be happy to do what I do with MotoGP: stream all the events live, offer some pre and post race commentary, and I'll pay you a yearly subscription fee. 

Edited by heffergm
  • Like 2

For sure trials couldn't be more low profile many times I've said it's like a secret society.

Often new folk say to me I would have done this years ago if only i had known about it.

I suppose moneys the problem most motorsports are big bucks, trials are pennies so there's not much in the kitty to promote things.

As an aside a lad said to me recently he thought trials was all about jumping over man made obstacles and never knew about "real trials" maybe X trial puts off the masses?

Anyway still would say trials is by far the biggest participant motorsport in the UK,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, heffergm said:

And? A couple highlight reels isn't gonna cut it (at least with me). I should point out I'd be happy to do what I do with MotoGP: stream all the events live, offer some pre and post race commentary, and I'll pay you a yearly subscription fee. 

And?!? It’s a link to the official media source that I assumed was far too hard and onerous for you to find before bashing on your keyboard.

That’s it; just complain about somebody else’s hard work. Why not be supportive of any advertising or support others bring to the sport of trials.

Why don’t they just stream the event? Because the business model they decided upon when providing the financial stimulus to the series didn’t warrant giving the media away for free, respect it.

This forum is just becoming a place for people to do nothing but complain about others that keep the sport alive. If you want to see it, get yourself to an airport and support it, better yet turn your phone on when there and stream it for all your mates.

• Like 1

For me indoor trials peaked in the 90s, early 00s, its been downhill ever since. You just need to look at the sections, (especially Vendee) they arent much better than your local trials display team sections, few cable reels, skips, concrete blocks, and scaffolding that looks like its been brought in from the nearest building site 

Edited by faussy

1 hour ago, boringac said:

Why don’t they just stream the event? Because the business model they decided upon when providing the financial stimulus to the series didn’t warrant giving the media away for free, respect it.

So, basically they're treating it as if it was 30 years ago rather than getting advertising / sponsorship and then spreading the coverage as far and wide as possible.  It works for other things in this day and age.

• Like 1

It would be nice to have it on youtube like TrialGP, but based on youtube advertising it isn't worth it -

Number of total Subscribers
Number of Total Video Views
Total estimated earnings
$43
Average Earnings per Video
$1

I'm just pleased and thankful that the FIM and 2play are supporting these events, hopefully I'm doing my part also attending two of them. And I'm sure as usual youtube videos will follow in the coming months for general coverage.

3 hours ago, boringac said:

This forum is just becoming a place for people to do nothing but complain about others that keep the sport alive. If you want to see it, get yourself to an airport and support it, better yet turn your phone on when there and stream it for all your mates.

I can't! You know why? The f#$cking FIM would send me a cease and desist order, and then tell the service I streamed it to to pull it down.

How about this? If someone can assist me with getting press credentials and leave to film the indoor series, I'll fly myself to every event and live stream it on Instagram. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boringac said:

It would be nice to have it on youtube like TrialGP, but based on youtube advertising it isn't worth it -

Number of total Subscribers
Number of Total Video Views
Total estimated earnings
$43
Average Earnings per Video
$1

I'm just pleased and thankful that the FIM and 2play are supporting these events, hopefully I'm doing my part also attending two of them. And I'm sure as usual youtube videos will follow in the coming months for general coverage.

FimTV, which is where the X-Trial videos were previously being shown (and where they had some full events last year) has 51k subs.

Anyone remember when they used to have a trial review dvd at the end of the year? Outdoor and indoor :lol:

Anyone remember in the 90s when they had a whole dvd/vhs just for sheffield alone?!!!!!!

Edited by faussy
  • Like 2